Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Show 'em, girl!



Ovvian and I were just talking about this a few months back while having a few drinks at the Conrad. She was telling me about her planned one-woman show at the Shangri-La Hotel in Makati, and how it all began with doing a few sculptures for their lobby and their Chinese restaurant. In her usual, passionate way, she told me about the sculptures she'll be doing and how this show will open up the world to her art. And it's about time. The world (ok, i'm getting carried away. The Philippines) should see the magic she creates with metal. I've always been attracted to metal sculptures and how you create something warm and fluid with a material that's known to be cold and hard.

I've seen a couple of her sketches, and some of the really nice belts she did, and if that's a preview of what i'll be seeing in this show, then i'm SO there! Now there's another thing to look forward to on my next visit to Manila.

No comments: