Monday, January 15, 2007

Prints Charming

Yup, Keat would hate me for using another pun for a headline, but really, this is the best way to describe it.

Thanks to shops like Papyrus, I'm having an on-going love affair with paper products. Whenever I visit their store at IFC, Harbour City or Times Square, I usually walk out with a couple of boxes of paper: blank cards by Crane's, thank you cards by Gibson's, or a roll of chocolate brown wrapping paper.

A few months ago, another shop opened in Hong Kong, and it did nothing but add so much fire to my already burning passion for paper.

That store is called Prints.

Prints is a Singapore-based specialty paper company that sells cards, gift wrappers and journals. The first time I saw their products was when I wandered into their store while maneuvering the complex subway network in Raffles City. Immediately, I was drawn in and spent hours just poring over each wrapper - marveling at the funky designs and the unexpected combination of colors. For gift wrappers, they were a bit pricey - but I really don't mind spending on paper.

When Prints opened their first store in Harbour City last September, it was like the clouds parted and a chorus sang: "Hallelujah!" After 2 years of being separated from this wonderful paper brand, we were reunited again. That day alone, I spent more than $200 on wrapping paper! And from then on, the drive to buy and wrap gifts went into overdrive.

Recently, Prints introduced their new designs, and they also had a new product - double sided wrapping paper. My papermania manifested itself, and I bought a couple of things.

First, I bought this mocha-coloured paper with a diamond design. The pattern was made using a combination of white, purple and orange lines:


Using this paper, along with purple and orange ribbons, I wrapped my New Year's gift to Mark. (He told me he received it already, so it's safe to put the photo here now.)


My next purchase was a double-sided wrapper, and among the lot that was there, this was the most eyecatching.


One side features a bronze base, with a black, leafy pattern. The pattern was big and bold, which made the paper almost textile-like. In fact, I remember my sister has a Zara dress with a similar print.


The other side was plain, with a deep, purple colour. The hue was so rich, could stand on its own.


With the help of purple and black ribbons, this double sided wonder was transformed into an eye-catching gift. After looking at the final result, part of me wanted to keep the gift for myself. But then again, I still have a sheet of this same paper, so maybe i'll just wrap another box and put it on display. Hehehe.

I can't wait to see what Prints will come up with next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, i really love to color violet or purple, and one of my favorites!!
btw thanks for the postcards mate.. they are publish in my blog!!!