Monday, August 07, 2006

Who you?

Snagged this from 3sha's blog and had so much fun reading it. In fact, I HAD SO MUCH FUN, I had to answer it, too. I like little quizzes like this:

. . . your name
There are 2 stories behind my name: Lester Edgard.

First: According to my Mom, I was named after that famous child actor named Mark Lester. (He played Oliver in Oliver Twist. He was one of my mom's favorite big screen kids.

Second: While I was browsing through my Dad's magazine collection as a young lad, I dug up a pile of FBI Crime Magazines. And in one of the issues, the back page featured America's (then) Most Wanted Criminal named: Lester Edward Browning. So I thought: "hmmm... that explains my killer tendencies." Harharhar.

Edgard has always been seen as an odd name. I guess it's the middle ground of my Dad's name: Edgardo.

FUN FACT:
At one point, my nickname was "Jake." Which wasn't really odd because 3 people in my immediate family have nicknames that are nowhere near their real names. Enrique is Biboy. Maria Teresita is Bullet. And Antonio Martin is Noah. How's that for strange?

. . .your parents
My parents have an amazing love story that I can tell over and over and over and over and over again. It involves a lot of plane rides, a high-powered wedding that included a chartered flight, and 5 wonderful kids! (Me included!)

. . .your last birthday
It was a triple celebration: Maricar's wedding, Grace's birthday and My birthday. Needless to say, it was 3 times the fun.

. . .your first love
Not counting the "loves" below the age of 18, it was with a co-crew at McDonald's who eventually became one of my best friends. She was the first girl who made me cry. *sob*

. . .your room
White walls, red and yellow curtains, dark wood bed and tables, and colorful bedsheets. I only have a fan and an airconditioner in my room. No TV sets, No radios, No closets. I want it to be as bare as possible so all I can do when I go inside is sleep.

. . .last Christmas
Spent it at home with the family, like we always do. It usually involves a big potluck, relatives from my Dad's side, and excited kids getting loads of goodies.

. . .your last valentines
Since it isn't really a big deal in Hong Kong, I can't remember what I did then.

. . .your current clothes
Blue Abercrombie & Fitch shirt, Zara Jeans, Chuck Taylors

. . .the 1st time you saw your crush
I was a crusher, so I can't remember the first time. I was probably 3 by then.

. . . you and your best friend
Gary and I were inseparable in High School. He's now in Texas and I haven't seen him in almost 5 years!

. . .the last place you went to
McDonald's!

. . .the last time you cried
A couple of days ago, I think.

. . .your greatest achievement so far
Living my life exactly the way I want to. I think it's safe to say that i'm living my dreams.

. . .the last movie you watched
Crying Ladies, thanks to Direk Mark who gave me an autographed DVD copy. And yes, I cried while watching that, too.

No comments: