Tuesday, August 01, 2006

7-up Bite Bites!

I'm very adventurous when it comes to sodas. Ergo, whenever an interesting new variant pops in Park & Shop or Wellcome, I make it a point to buy a bottle and test drive it.

When Sprite Ice came out, I immediately bought a bottle and tried it. The cooling, minty sensation that follows the lemon-lime taste was awesome. At the same time, 7-up Bite came out, but I didn't try it yet since I was enamoured by Sprite. (And besides, my sister in law works for The Coca-Cola company.)

Today, after a spicy Laksa lunch, I finally decided to try it. Aside from the fact that they had their Fido Dido billboards spread all around Hong Kong, the bottle had this nice, lemon yellow tint that really jumps out. So, I passed by 7-11 and got a bottle.

All I can say is... EWWWW!

7-Up Bite tastes like lemon scented liquid detergent. It felt like I was drinking Zonrox or Lysol. It had this rancid, acid taste that scrapes your throat, not like Sprite Ice that slides on down easy. (How's that for a commercial.)

Well, now that I know that 7-Up is a fluke, it's on to the next soda.

No comments: