Thursday, August 31, 2006

Glamazon Attack

It's happening more and more each day. They can be seen riding MTRs, taking trams, walking along Nathan Road and Central, looking around in malls, shopping in Time Square, and yes, eating at McDonald's.

They're the Glamazons!

Tall, lithe, mostly Latin and European, and ALL SO GORGEOUS, they're fast becoming a fixture in Hong Kong life. According to my friend who owns a casting agency, these girls fly in from Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela and Eastern Europe in the hopes of landing a modeling gig in Asia. I've seen some in Manila, and a number of them have actually prospered and made our country their base. I've worked with one of them, a girl named Christina from Germany.

After watching the Glamazons for the past few months, I've actually been able to make a quick profile of them. Even if their 18 and in a strange land, they use weapons that render most people - both men and women - defenseless:

1. Unbelievable good looks - They've got very symmetrical faces, beautiful colored eyes, aquiline noses and beautifully sculpted jaws. Their hair is usually long and slicked back, highlighting their excellent features.
2. Killer bodies - Being models, they're at least 5'9", zero body fat, flat tummies, long and lean legs, and evenly colored skin. Whether their white, mulatta or dark, it looks like their color was airbrushed on.
3. Black leather books - These house their precious portfolios is their first line of offense and defense.

They never fail to take my breath away each time I run into them, or sit beside them on a moving vehicle. It feels like sitting beside Kate Moss or Carmen Kaas or Giselle Bundchen (who I saw at Central once.) Often I wonder if any of these girls will be the next supermodel, and I think: "Heck, I just might have sat beside someone uber famous in the future."

Maybe I should bring a digital camera with me everyday and have my photo taken with some of them the next time I get the chance. I'm hoping they wouldn't mind, after all, being photographed is what they do for a living.

I just might end up having my photo with the world's next top model.

No comments: