Saturday, August 05, 2006

I'm kreme-ing

Spent the early part of the afternoon walking around Times Square and checking out if Zara had any cool, new stuff for fall. I'm looking for a new pair of boots, at least similar to those mid-thigh beauties I was lusting for - but didn't buy - last year. On my way out, I heard this ruckus across the street, and saw that it was some noisy group of people carrying a big placard that had the number 4.



Initially, it was difficult to decipher, but once I saw the familiar colors, my heart skipped a beat! I went up and looked closer, and my suspicion was confirmed!



Krispy Kreme donuts is opening its first store in Hong Kong this coming week! That news is definitely worth a lot of noise. No wonder people were all ogling at the sign, those carb and sugar coated sins from the US have arrived. For the longest time, it was said that the Tantoco group wanted to buy the franchise for Krispy Kreme, but it was supposedly very prohibitively priced. Often, i've seen people lug around big boxes of donuts from LA to Manila, and really, the hassle is well worth it.

But now, with Krispy Kreme in Hong Kong, the wait won't be that long! Everyone in Manila can get it in less than 2 hours.

I can't wait for the store to open and try it out for myself. Yum!

No comments: