Sunday, July 30, 2006

Two for the road

Despite having more jeans that i know what to do with, I found myself buying another two pairs today. They just looked so nice and they were begging me to buy them. Because of my innate weakness for poor, helpless jeans that are begging to be bought, these two babies went home with me today.

The Levi's Red Loop


In an effort to further funkify and make their brand more appealing to the young, Levi's launched their new Red Loop series which has a more streamlined fit and a funky detail - a Red Loop on the belt. Duh! That's why it's called Red Loop. I tried the slim fit, and it fits perfectly. It reminds me of my favorite 513s, but this one has a more Japanese colored denim.


The Paint Splash D Squared jeans


Aside from the fit, which D Squared does perfectly, this pair has two details that immediately caught my eye. First, they have paint splotches that are embroidered rather than just painted. (Well, my friend says they look like something obscene, but hey, that's just him.) Plus, the hem has this stepped on effect, and it has a contrasting colored denim inside. It's such a subtle design, which makes me love it even more.



There's this 3rd pair I almost bought, a Paul Smith pair, but I decided to be a good boy and just buy two.

I'm such a jean junkie.

2 comments:

NeiLDC said...

magbigay naman dyan! malapit na bday ko padalhan mo naman ako ng gift!

Dazed and Confused said...

When is your birthday? Advanced Happy Birthday! E-mail me your mailing address in Madrid.