Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Kate and Kamiseta

Passed through Guadalupe on my way to Greenhills today and saw a billboard that made my eyes pop, jaws drop, heart stop, belly flop, mind bop... oh, that should sum up how excited I felt.

Kamiseta has a new endorser. She's no other than America's RomCom princess, Kate Hudson.

That's right:

KATE HUDSON IS THE NEW KAMISETA GIRL!

Wow. Wow. WOW!

I thought Alicia Silverstone and Natalie Portman were tough acts to follow, but this very much does the job. I was so excited after finding out that I went mental and started talking to everyone about it. First, my officemates from Hong Kong, then our producer, then when I got back to the studio, I proceeded to tell the production designer, director, assistant director, choreographer... the whole lot!

Then I called whoever was in my mobile phonebook who knows about fashion, and they all shared my enthusiasm. This was definitely my high for the day. Seeing one of my favorite actresses endorse a local clothing brand.

Working in advertising, i'm often jaded by celebrity endorsers and they never affect my purchasing decisions. But let me just say that Kate and Kamiseta will change that just this instance. In fact, i'm off to Kamiseta tomorrow morning to buy stuff for my sister. (And hopefully see more of Kate in the process.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Lord. That's a great feat for Kamiseta! Too bad I can't check out the billboard.