Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Fancy Pants

Got these Taverniti So jeans at Sheung Wan a week back. The moment I laid eyes on it, I knew it was mine. And anyone's eyes will definitely be locked in because of the wonderfully intricate detail this pair has.



Silver buttons!

There are about a hundred silver buttons sewed onto the pockets and waist of this pair. The buttons vary in size and design, creating a merry mix-up that just begs to be noticed. Even the belt loops have buttons, which makes me want to tuck my shirt in for added impact. Unfortunately, this type of jeans shouldn't be worn with a shirt, ergo, I just chose to wear my plain Giordano tee that's short enough to expose the loops.



While I was in MBK, a group of caucasians, 2 boys and a girl actually came up to me and asked if they can look at my jeans. When I said yes, the guy actually lifted up my shirt to get a better view. The girl had to slap his hand and told him not to look at it THAT closely. Hahaha. Then they asked where I bought it, and wheh I said Hong Kong, they offered to buy the pair of jeans I'm wearing. (The guy and I were both size 30.)



The only setback of this pair is that it's difficult to sit down, especially on fiberglass seats like the ones on the MTR and BTS. Aside from the fact that it's hard on the butt, it also makes a crinkly noise everytime I shift seats.

But hey, that's a small price to pay for a fashion item as big as this.

2 comments:

NeiLDC said...

That was a nice pants my friend.. Can you give me some of those which your not wearing anymore.. A gift would be...cheers!

Dazed and Confused said...

What's your waist size?

I'm sure some of my jeans would want to live in Madrid. So they'd be in really good hands with you.