Saturday, July 29, 2006

Presents Perfect!

Playing host and tour guide is fun enough as it is, but there are things that make it more enjoyable.

Like presents from the people you showed around!

Some friends were in town this week, and I took time out in the evening to join them for dinner, show them around the Tsim Sha Tsui area (which i've mastered already) and gave them the low down on where to shop. They were particularly taken by Granville and its myriad of outlet shops and funky clothes stores.

The night before they left, we met up for one last drink. And that's when they sprung the surprise!

Knowing that i'm so, SO much into clothes, my 3 friends decided to get an article of clothing each.

First up, I got this really, really nice zip up cardigan from Zara! I love the color. (It's darker when you see it in person.) And the fit is simply, simply great.


Next up, two belts from FCUK. I don't know what possessed them to buy two of the same thing (in different colors, though). But then again, it's a gift, so I have no right to complain. (And besides, who'll complain about getting 2 FCUK belts, eh?)



And the super grand daddy of them all...

CROIX JEANS!

This is a funky brand found at LCX, and I haven't been there in a while. These jeans have got to be the funkiest i've seen in a while. First of all, I love the color. Again, it's darker in real life. (Dang camera flash!) It has this dark denim wash that reminds me of the first generation of Levi's Engineered Jeans. Plus, it has funky details.


There are oversized buttons on the pocket, and the zipper goes all the way up to the waist, and is covered by yet another huge button.


The back is also uber detailed. Of course, the buttons are back, but there's also a zipper and a bit of garter sewn in. The result is a streamlined leg that really hugs and flatters. I tried it once, and it felt like a glove.



So that's why my friends have been asking me those leading questions last Thursday. Questions like: "So, what's your size at Zara? You have the same body type as my friend." And the suspicious: "You're so thin! What's your waist line? Are you a medium or a large?"

Ah yes! Oh happy day!

No comments: