Saturday, July 09, 2022

Scent Memory - Citrus edition

Citrus scents always fascinated me.

Probably it's because my grandparents had a calamansi farm in Bicol, and one of the most lasting childhood memories I have is walking around the farm and smelling the small, green fruits from the trees.
Whenever the caretaker would make calamansi juice, the distinct smell of the peels would waft from the kitchen, which was such a fresh, clean smell.

That childhood memory makes me gravitate towards citrus scents whenever I buy shower gels, shampoos and other personal care products. Palmolive Aromatherapy Anti-Stress was my go-to shower gel for the longest time, thanks to its mandarin extracts.

Then, there's this cologne that was given to me as a gift almost a decade ago. It was Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine, and it was a cologne with different types of citrus fruits in its top, middle and base notes.


It was such a fresh, clean scent that the bottle didn't last too long because I'd spray it everywhere. From our sheets, to our room, to my closet. 

During my US trip in 2019, this brand and scent was available at Sephora. Now, 3 years after, I find myself asking why I didn't buy that bottle. 

Hopefully, they'll still have it available in Sephora during my next trip to the US or SG.

That citrus scent still lingers in my memory.

No comments: