Wednesday, July 20, 2022

(Mi)doors closing

Because of its proximity to my former flat in Jordan, Mido Cafe in Yau Ma Tei was one of my most visited cafes in HKG.

Usually on weekends, I'd wake up early and walk to Mido to get breakfast. It's usually my fave - condensed milk and peanut butter toast, with milk tea. I never got tired of this combo even if I had it several times a week.

Because of its fame, Mido Cafe would usually have long lines outside, much like Australian Dairy Co. To beat the crowd, I'd go there really, really early.

While I dream of visiting Mido Cafe again, that'll just be a dream now. Apparently, they're closing down after more than 70 years.

Gosh, the pandemic claims another HKG icon. Hopefully, when things are finally back to normal-normal, they'll pick-up where they left off and open their doors again.

No comments: