Tuesday, July 19, 2022

In Theory

It's a known fact that I'm not a very fashionable person.

My preferences in fashion are very plain and basic. Back in college, my uniform consisted of jeans and plain t-shirts. That carried over until now - except when we have client meetings with upper management. Those days, I have to look half-decent and wear jeans with plain oxford shirts.

Because of this no-nonsense approach to fashion, I've always been drawn to the aesthetic of the brand Theory.

This New York-based brand is known for their very sparse and basic designs, but always with a twist. Whether it's the fabric, the seaming, or the silhouette. They were very popular during 2010 to 2014 when Olivier Theyskens was at the helm of the house. Theyskens is known for his penchant of transforming something basic into something visually interesting.

This is precisely the reason why whenever Uniqlo comes out with a collaboration with Theory, I make it a point to score a few shirts from the collection. Just like these ones:

The fabric is super soft and comfortable, the shape is loose and easy, and it's a perfect shirt to wear when you don't want to think of what to wear.

That's the theory - nay, the truth - why I'm a fan of this brand.

No comments: