Sunday, July 10, 2022

Cross country

While in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, almost 2 decades ago, we wandered off into this street stall that sold these very pretty crosses.

Being a predominantly Catholic country, Mexico sells a lot of religious imagery made by local artisans. And this shop was one of them.

What caught my eye was a cross that's made of metal, then mounted on wood. The metal cross had different patterns and designs on them, and it made the cross very unique.

The crosses I bought still hang at home, at Biboy's house in ATL, at Ate Bullet's house, and at the houses of all my friends who received them as a gift.

While looking at it this weekend, it made me want to buy more. Now, I'll have to check whether they have it on-line, or if I have to go cross country to Mexico to get some mroe.

No comments: