Wednesday, April 08, 2020

The Fabulous Baker Boy - I mean, Baby

Baking runs in the family.

As kids, we'd watch our Mom work her baking wonders in the kitchen. She'd make chocolate cake from scratch. She'd also make chicken and pork empanada. And of course, one of our all-time favourites - her apple pie.

Growing up, Ate Lissa would also bake, too. She has this signature baked goody - Macaroons! I still remember how we'd go to the grocery to buy desiccated coconut, and she'd whip out those yummy macaroons in batches.

Then, I got into baking, too. Thanks to Mom's old Nora Daza cookbook, and followed by the Maya Kitchen cookbook that I bought with my savings, I started dabbling in it, too. I remember making my first apple pie, my first caramel tarts, my first cake, and my first batch of chocolate chip cookies, too.

While he was in school, our Javi-Davi-Doo got into baking, too. His recipe for S'mores Cookies is still posted on our refrigerator. And I'm going to try and bake that sometime soon.
Now, there's a new baker in our next generation. Our baker baby - Baby Noah!


Ate Lissa posted this shot of him as he was helping make a birthday cake for Javier. And judging by how he's handling those baking tools and that cupcake paper, it looks like he's going to be a great baker, too.

Start them while they're young, that's what I always say.


No comments: