Thursday, April 02, 2020

Five Stars!

While watching videos on youtube, one of the suggested videos was the awarding of the Best Performance by an Actress in the 2009 Oscars.

I had to click it because I remember this is - hands down - one of my favorite Oscar Awards yet. When they assembled all the previous winners of a category to award that year's winner, that was a stroke of genius that left me in awe. And it's unmatched until today.

When the 5 former winners of Best Actress appeared on stage: Halle Berry, Marion Cottiliard, Nicole Kidman, Sofia Loren, and Meryl Streep - I swear, it took my breath away.



And when Sophia Loren said, in her beautiful Italian accent, - Meryl Streep - that just did it for me.

Of course, Kate Winslet winning for "The Reader" was cherry on top of the ice cream. I watched that film several times, and was simply entranced by her performance each time. It was an expected, and much deserved win.

I wonder when the Oscars will be able to do something this stellar again?

No comments: