Monday, April 06, 2020

LFLTAT: Seven-tease

Aside from work, coordinating on-going projects, tidying up and Marie Kondo-ing the heck out of my room, another thing that keeps me busy is reviewing my photos on my iPad. Not only does it help me keep track of things that happened the past few months, it also offers the occasional surprise of finding outfits that I've otherwise forgotten.

Among those outfits is this very Ali McGraw 70s ensemble that I remember getting at Surplus Shop sometime in January. For less than a thousand, of course.


Both the blouse and the pants have that strong 70s vibe to it. And together, it just harks back to that decade when things were simple, people were shouting "Free Love," and everything had a laid-back, boho-chic feel.

Just like this chiffon top with a ruched high-neck and exaggerated sleeves. The fabric is this dainty floral print which is very reminiscent of that decade.


The pants are wide and billowy, made of soft denim and has that easy-breezy feel. It's almost as voluminous as the top, but because the 70s were all about ease, it works!


Even though the reference is more than 40 years old, it still looks current and very now. And because summer is upon us, the loose silhouette is very apt, too. Amazing what less than a thousand bucks can do.


No comments: