Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I'm Invited

Apart from the other things that keeps December very busy - office work, thesis advising, school, Christmas shopping, get togethers - another thing that kept me busy the past few days was making invitations.

Last week, we had a surprise 70th birthday for Dad. Since I was young, I remember Dad to be very hip and stylish, and he actually taught me how to dress up. He's fun, funny and cool, so we decided to make his birthday all about him being groovy.



My invite brought together elements of the 70s with one of Dad's early photos. And yes, that's my Dad, even if he looks like me.

Next up, the Mass Communication department's party on Saturday. This year, Mass Comm turns 25, so when they asked me to come up with a theme, I thought: "Why not go back to where it all began?" Thus, we have a party that's anchored on the year of our foundation - 1985!




Making these invites - from conceptualization to execution - was a chocfull of fun. I should do more invites soon!

No comments: