Saturday, December 18, 2010

Gimme Moor

After searching and planning, I've finally nailed down this year's Christmas wrapping theme. I've decided to draw inspiration from the Moors, and that's how my presents are wrapped this year.


A special gift (it's Lanvin x H&M, of course) deserves a special wrapper!


I started out with this green printed wrapper from my favorite wrapping source, Lili and Nana. The print reminded me of moorish patterns, and this is where I built the other elements around.


The moors are all about bright colors, so I decided to go with two different colors of grossgrain ribbons. One is magenta, which is the counterpoint to the wrapper, and the other is green, which echoes the wrapper's color. Then, I found this little ornament which also had a moorish feel to it.


Add all these elements together, and here's the finished product!


I like how all the details - no matter how different - come together in one cohesive package.

Now i've got the prototype, time to wrap all the other 100 or so gifts still waiting to be wrapped.

No comments: