Friday, December 03, 2010

I say neigh, neigh...

I've always been vocal about my admiration for Plains and Prints. Aside from being very on-trend, their prices are very affordable. But what I really, really like about the brand (aside from the fact that they already have a Men's line) is the fact that all their clothes are made in the Philippines. (Unlike some "local" brands that are actually made in China.) Three cheers to Fashionalism!

One of the items on display at their Gateway store was this super chic ensemble consisted of a plain shirt and an eye catching full skirt with horse prints.



I looked at the items closely and the skirt is made of this heavy linen material that's almost like burlap, albeit finer. It gives the piece great texture and weight. It has a detachable tulle petticoat that gives it volume. And because it's detachable, the skirt can be worn two ways.

The material and the design gives the skirt a rustic feel. But the design gives it the modernity that it needs.

I'm sure a lot of girls will get a kick out of this ensemble.

No comments: