Monday, August 24, 2009

Where have all the 70s gone?

To say it was a "lightning visit" would be an understatement. Although it wouldn't be my shortest trip abroad. That honor is reserved for the "fly-out-attend-the-meeting-and-fly-back-a-few-hours-after" fiasco. But that's not what I'm writing about.

On my super-short trip to HKG, I had a chance to drop by Harbour City and check out H&M and Zara. Maybe it's the recession, but the prices aren't super-slashed this season. Last year, around this time, most of the sale items at H&M would be 70% off. I checked their store yesterday, and most of the stuff were only 50% off. If they were nice stuff, I'd understand that they wouldn't want to slash the prices too much. But these items were basics - with some even at the bottom of the fashion food chain - so they should practically be giving them away. (That's what they did last year.) Maybe they're just trying to meet their bottom-line. So every little item counts.

I miss those old sales. Hope they find their way back to HKG soon.

No comments: