Sunday, August 09, 2009

Pretty Smart



When I saw her photo a few days ago, it confirmed a hunch I've had the past few months. I've met our candidate to this year's Miss Universe. And it wasn't a recent event. It was a few years back, when she was still a college student in Assumption.

It happened when DY&R was still in Ortigas and I was still a CD there. She, along with her groupmates, interviewed me about advertising trends. If I'm not mistaken, she's a Mass Comm student, so this was for one of her subjects.

After introducing herself and hearing the surname "Manalo", it struck me how she looked like Katherine Manalo. Like her sister, she was very eloquent and very well mannered. Her questions and follow-up questions were all well-thought of and smart. And even if she was wearing her Assumption uniform that time, you could tell how elegant she was.

And if she was already elegant and eloquent a few years ago, then it must've grown exponentially over the years. That said, I think our country has a very good chance in this year's competition.

No comments: