Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A stylish surprise

On my way out of the house yesterday, the guard handed over a heavy-ish white envelope and said that it was for me.



It was a DHL package from - surprise, surprise - my favorite magazine, InStyle. This September, they're celebrating their 15th anniversary, so everyone in magazine made sure that this issue would be spectacular. The great thing about it is, September is also the biggest month for all fashion magazines in the US, so InStyle had two reasons to really pull out all the stops and make this issue a collector's item.



First thing I noticed was the masthead. I saw this magazine this weekend at GrEat in HKG, and the masthead was the signature InStyle red color. But the issue they sent me had a silver foil masthead, had silver sparkles all around, and had the photo of Jennifer Lopez laminated. This made the entire cover shimmer and sparkle, perfect for an anniversary issue like this.



Another thing that pleasantly surprised me was on the feedback page.



I'm on InStyle!

Yup, that little photo is me and the little blurb was about me. It started with this blog entry I wrote about my 10th year of being an InStyle reader. Someone from their NY office picked it up, emailed me to ask if I'd mind being quoted in one of their future issues, and here it is! The fact that it was on their 15th anniversary issue is a an added thrill to the already thrilling fact that I got my issue from the very people who worked on the magazine. (With a handwritten note to boot!)



Congratulations, InStyle, for 15 years of stylish, relevant, entertaining and intelligent reading. You really put a new and fresh spin on style, and that's why I'm looking forward to the next 15 years of reading InStyle.

No comments: