Thursday, August 27, 2009

Some more stylish surprises

During my last few visits to HKG, my trips to the Lane Crawford store were in vain. Last June, I went to the sale and found out that most of the stuff weren't spectacular enough to be spent on, or not inexpensive enough to get it on an impulse. That pegs my last successful visit to Lane Crawford to last year, where I bought those nice Chloe shoes.

But this time, it was different. With a few hours to spare, I swung by the store, not expecting to find anything worthwhile. But as these trips go, a few surprises were waiting.

Like this Proenza Schouler dress. It's a great color blocked dress made of heavy silk. It's so heavy, in fact, that the dress can be shaped, even without a person in it.



It also has a pleated ribbon detail that travels across the bodice, which gives a nice touch to the solid color of the dress.



From the same "design family" is this top, also from Proenza Schouler. It's made of silk and chiffon, with a pleated bottom, and in colors as rich as the details on the garment.



It combines that ubiquitous bustier style that's a staple in all Proenza Schouler clothes, and it has the same ribbon that's found in the other dress. The material of the pleated ribbon is a lighter material which makes if flowy.



Another nice surprise was this Marchesa printed chiffon dress. It's a short dress with billowy sleeves and a solid colored belt that anchors the dress.



Around the neck, it has a jeweled detail that makes the dress go from day to night. These details are very, very Marchesa.



Thank goodness I decided to drop by Lane Crawford, even for an hour. I didn't expect to find anything, but I'm surprised at what I found.

No comments: