Monday, August 31, 2009

Park Life

I've discovered a nice place to spend lazy weekend afternoons.



The UP-Ayala Technopark in Philcoa is fast becoming my favorite "lounge-around-area." With its wide open spaces, geometric architecture, clean creek with koi fish, nifty fountain and laid-back atmosphere, it's a great area to sit around and read. Or people watch.

Another big plus is that they've got a lot of good restaurants. There's Le Ching (for good old fashioned Chinese food), Mister Kebab (the original hole-in-the-wall place in Morato) and, of course, Kanin Club! (Our new favorite restaurant! I was there two weekends in a row.)

There are other establishments that are soon-to-open, and I'm hoping they won't have too much of those. I'm enjoying the "somewhat empty but not boring" vibe that the Technopark has to offer. And as long as they keep this atmosphere, I'll probably find myself parked around the area quite often.

No comments: