Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hung Over

The Zara sale is done. Topshop and Topman have concluded their sales. Mango and Promod are wrapping up. But just as you thought it was safe to go back to the malls, another sale comes along.



Actually, Folded and Hung's end of season sale started early August. Honestly, I never bothered to check out the store because I'm not a fan of F&H's aesthetic. They had a lot of nice clothes a few years back, but lately, their selection has been bordering on blah.

This weekend, though, I wandered inside and found a couple of really good deals. They had a P300 rack, and it had boyfriend-cut jeans in a worn-out denim fabric, a jeweled tunic in jersey, a lace dress with interesting construction, and capris that are almost-but-not-quite-dhoti. The combination of the design and the price immediately put them in the "you've-got-to-be-insane-not-to-buy-it" category. So I did.

I won't be a convert to F&H anytime soon, though. Their regular items are still a bit blah in my book. But thanks to this sale, they won me over, if only for a day or two.

No comments: