Monday, February 04, 2008

Who's bad?

Apparently, I am. Well, not really bad as in "Bad" but I do look like a bad guy.



Ever since "Heroes" became the sci-fi series du jour, people have been telling me that I look like Sylar. It came to a point that a Chinese in HK approached me and said: "You know, you look like the bad guy from Heroes." This was during that time when some of the cast members went to HK for their tour. (And no, Sylar wasn't among those who were in town.) When I visited Kuya Ers at his office once, one of his colleagues told me: "Sylar na Sylar ka na ngayon, ha."

The latest person to tell me that was my brother. Yes, my very own brother.

After hearing mass yesterday, he looked at me, paused, and said: "Oo nga. Kamukha mo nga si Sylar." And when my brother - who used to be an NBI agent, therefore good at face recognition and profiling faces - starts associating me with a TV villain, that's taking it to a whole new level.

Well, I know that the actor playing Sylar will also be playing Dr. Spock in the new franchise of Star Trek. That means by next year, people will probably be telling me: "You look like Dr. Spock."

No comments: