Friday, February 22, 2008

Cutting Loose

Ever since my conversion to "jean-hood", my preference when it came to fit would either be straight-cut or skinny. These types of jeans feel easier to dress up or dress down. Plus, they look more stylish when compared to their trouser-style or baggy-type brothers. My feeling is that loose-fitting jeans look a bit unkempt and lazy, probably because of the slouch it creates whenever you wear them. Maybe that's why I've been avoiding them for the longest time.

For the past few months though, I've noticed a sudden fascination with loose jeans.

During my recent trip to Japan, I packed 3 pairs - all loose fitting ones. These 3 - the A&F, Just Cavalli and I.S.O. jeans - are also the same 3 pairs that I've been using very often since November. The past few weeks, I've been rearranging my jean closet: pulling out the loose ones and putting them on top of my straight cut pairs.

When I looked at my latest jean acquisitions - the ones from Zara and the this new pair I got from American Eagle - they all were loose fitting ones as well.



It was probably brought about by the weather. Since December, the surroundings have been too cold that I've resorted to wearing longer, thicker underpants. These bulky underthings often don't sit well with my regular jeans because it hinders movement. When I was in Japan and had to wear long johns, that was when I realized what a blessing loose jeans were.

Wearing them feels like wearing nothing at all. (In fact, I almost stepped out of the dressing room at the Kokusai Ski Resort without wearing any...) There's a feeling of freedom and flexibility that I'm rediscovering, and liking! And because of that, I know what I'm doing this weekend. I'm letting all my loose jeans loose!

3 comments:

lysadyosa said...

Sir Lester naaaliw naman ako sa blog mo...para kang HK celebutante heheehe

NeiLDC said...

Hi Lester,
Ive move already to new site, update your link!!jaja

Dazed and Confused said...

Hey Lysa. Does that mean I'm Hong Kong Hilton? Hahaha. Good to see you here.

Hi Neil. Will do.