Monday, July 09, 2007

Time Travel

It's amazing how the same amount of time can feel so different when you're in a different place.

When I got to the flat this morning, it felt like I was gone for a long time. Even as I alighted the cab in front of the building and looked around, it didn't feel like I was gone for just a weekend. It felt like I was out of Hong Kong for weeks - even if I was just out for two whole days.

Conversely, the same two days in Manila whizzed by so fast. Since I arrived, it was a flurry of activities: lunches, weddings, dinners, fittings, catching up with friends, malling, movies... all squeezed in within 48 hours. (Which is incidentally how long Palmolive Naturals Conditioner can make your hair soft. A free plug! Hahaha.) To me, it felt like I was just there for a day, and that's never enough.

There's always so much to do in Manila. Like going to Robinson's Galleria and dropping by People are People for a bit of retail therapy. (Yup, even if I live in the shopping capital of Asia, I find time to shop in Manila.) And there's always so many people to see. Some scheduled, some inadvertently. (Like seeing Tintin and Ynna in Megamall.)

But despite being able to do a lot, I'm surprised that I also wasn't able to do a chockfull of things. Like eat at Jollibee. Or go to Glorietta. Or buy something at CMG. Or have dinner with D' Frendz. So much to do... so little time.

Really, it's amazing how the same amount of time can feel so different when you're in a different place.

2 comments:

K.noizki said...

Right, too many things to do but less time. I am now a GATEWAY fan in Cubao near Araneta - it reminds me so much of PP.

Besides, I like their restaurants there - and of course, The Rustans is simply irresistible parang a la DFS sa TST.

Can't find Zara tho'. I wanted to buy the luggage bag at Girbaud there pero, walang stock. I wonder, originals ba yun considering Girbaud sa Manila?

Syempre, I insisted to visit the Max's. San ka pa dun ang masarap na MANOK. Nice service btw. Bottoms up on ice lemon tea. Asteg.

Dazed and Confused said...

I totally agree with you when it comes to Gateway. And the biggest plus there is, I live 5 minutes away from Araneta Center. That's why going to Gateway Mall is so easy for me. Next time you're there, try Cafe Ten Titas. They serve really good Filipino food.

The Zara stores in Manila are located at Rockwell and Glorietta. Two more are opening soon at Mall of Asia and TriNoMa. And yes, the Girbaud in Manila is original and we're one of the few countries where the brand is big.