Saturday, July 14, 2007

Style Child

After my morning run around Kowloon Park, I decided to drop by Harbour City to check if Zara has lowered their prices yet again. (Eventhough I was just there last Wednesday, you'll never know since things in Hong Kong happen so fast.) While the clothes for men and women are pretty much the same price, the kids line had dropped prices a bit more. And it was the perfect opportunity to buy clothes for my adorable little nephew - Javier.

The first set I bought is what I called the "Baby Rocker" look. It's a rocker tee and a funky pair of jeans:



This design is uber cool. If they had this in adult sizes, i'll most probably buy one. It's got that "Sex Pistols" vibe to it. Baby Rocker has been Javier's look for the past few months as he's really into skull tees and jeans. This will make a worthy addition to his rock repertoire.



The next look is more along the lines of "Utilitarian Cool." It's composed of cargo jeans and a plaid shirt. I reckon this is the predominant look in the US today since it's summer.



The cargo jeans have a detachable bottom half and it can turn into shorts as easy as zip. This will come in handy since it's probably still quite long for Javier now, and he can wear it as shorts in the meantime. And when he grows up a bit more, then he can wear the full pants.



During his first birthday party, someone commented that Javier was such a fashionable baby. Given the company he's around - especially his Mom, Titos and Titas, I wouldn't be surprised.

No comments: