Thursday, July 12, 2007

Little Japan

When I feel like reliving my fun days in Japan, I quickly take the MTR and head off to Taikoo Shing. Once I come up from Exit B, it suddenly feels like I'm transported back to Tokyo, or Kyoto, or even Muikamachi.

First, there's a big Jusco department store. This is Mark's favourite department store (and the nearest one to IUJ, actually.)



I still remember during my first visit to Urasa, we walked all the way from Muikamachi station to Jusco - and it was a long walk - long enough to get snapped at. We had our first Japanese McDonald's meal there, and also had our first Neoprint photo at the Daisho.



At the right side of Jusco is another Japanese icon, and one that I never got enough of during my visits to Japan.



Mos Burger is one of the most popular Burger Chains in Japan. Although it's not really like Jollibee in scale, a lot of locals eat here (and First Kitchen) and their burgers are supposedly healthier. (I wouldn't know because I don't eat burgers.)



This is the meal I ordered when I first ate at the Mos Burger outlet in Kyoto. The seafood rice burger set. I love this meal because it's the perfect size for me - small enough so as not to be overwhelming, but big enough to be filling. It's much better than the rice burger at McDonald's, and the filling tastes better and is healthier. The seafood has this tinge of sweetness which is so apt for Filipino palates.



Now all I need is for Mark to be here, then it would really feel like Little Japan.

No comments: