Thursday, July 26, 2007

Give me Libertine

Still further proof that Hong Kong is a wonderful place to shop.

Just a few weeks after Target launched their Libertine line in the US (part of their GO Designer line), some key pieces have found their way into our shores. And as usual, they're priced a bit lower than the ones you'll find in the US.

The first time I saw it was last Tuesday at the clothing store near my flat. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough cash and they didn't accept credit cards. And since it was almost 10pm, they'd be closed by the time I got back from the bank. Ergo, the entire day yesterday, I was hoping that the stuff would still be there in the evening. I was even whining to Arnie about it.

Luckily, the shopping deities were smiling at me because both of the things that caught my eye were still there.

The first was a twist to the classic Little Black Dress. Here's the dress on Target's website:



And here's the dress at home:


There are two interesting bits to it. First is the lace on the neckline, and the second is the detail on the skirt.


The second item was a cropped linen jacket that was SO rich in details. Here's the jacket on the website:


And here it is at home:


The ruffles put much needed oomph to the piece and the fabric they use is firm enough so that the collar stands on its own, but soft enough so it doesn't sting or scratch.



It has a special Libertine lining made of silk, and I love the way the brand was written. It reminds me of old style calligraphy.


And finally, the crystal studded back. This detail is just SO Libertine.


I remember K writing about how difficult it is not to shop when you're in Hong Kong. With stuff like these hanging around in places so convenient to reach, not shopping can get really, really, REALLY difficult.

1 comment:

arniedelusong said...

i hate you i hate you. that jacket is divine!