Sunday, March 25, 2007

Un-shoe-ccessful

Gosh, a word play. My former colleague hates using word plays in headlines, so I can imagine him tearing out his hair after reading this.

The shopping-powers-that-be must be in cahoots against me today. My shopping plan was simple: buy brown and black shoes for my sisters. They liked the last pairs I brought, so I thought of getting some similar pairs - but this time, in black patent and chocolate brown.

When I got to the shoe store, there were so many wonderful looking pairs and this would've made my job easy. I gathered round-toe patent heels in cream, black, tan and metallic gray. Then I picked up a pointed faux croc shoe in chocolate brown and burgundy. Then some peep toes in black and red. After the harvest, I quickly went to the sales girl who immediately recognized me and asked: Size 38 or 39? (Yup, they know me so well.)

Unfortunately, only 2 out of the 6 pairs I asked for were available - and they weren't even my favorites. The brown croc heels were in the wrong size, the black peep toes were the last pair, and the laser cut cream shoe with the wooden heel was also out of stock.

Whenever I shop, I have an all-or-nothing attitude. So since the other 4 pairs I wanted weren't available, I decided not to buy anything.

This is one of the few times I left that shop empty-handed and disappointed. Heck, I've prided this place as THE shoe store to shop in. When Mona was here last week, she was so delighted to buy 3 super nice pairs of shoes there. Now, even the shoe she wants is not available. It's SO disappointing.

Hopefully, they'll have new stocks next weekend and they can redeem themselves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get your sisters pairs of silver shoes, the heel-must-have for Spring. :-)

Dazed and Confused said...

Hey Mark. There were a couple of interesting silver shoes in that particular shop - and the matte ones are quite nice. The shiny ones are supposedly in this coming season - but my sisters aren't too big on silver. They think they're a bit "ninang-y". Harharhar.

Thanks for the tip.