Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Match made in Hong Kong

A few days after attending my first Christening in Hong Kong and getting my first "imported" godson, there was another big event that was another first for me:

I attended my first wedding here!

Ginger, an uber good friend and co-member of the Marvelous Mexican Mafia, got married to Dave in the TST wedding registry, just a few minutes away from where I live. Hong Kong holds a special place in both their hearts, and early this year, they decided to make their vows here. The entire ceremony was very intimate, with only 11 people in attendance. I feel so fortunate to have been one of them. I wouldn't miss Ginger's special day for anything.


The weather that morning was a bit cold, and i've always found cold weather a bit romantic. It also drizzled a bit that morning, and they say that's a sign of blessings from above. Thankfully, we were already inside the Intercon when the heavens decided to really pour on all the blessings. It happened just a few minutes after this fun moment.


Here's the bride with her brides' men. Jaime and I were the only two people who didn't fly in for the event. Both Ginger and Dave's family all arrived a day before, and were able to enjoy the HK atmosphere. It would've been great if Beng and Beth were here as well, that way the Mafia would be complete. It would be a "Married to the Mob" kind of celebration.


After seeing hundreds of big weddings, I must say that the charm and solemnity of a small, intimate one makes it feel as grand. This wedding will definitely hold a special place in my heart, not only because it was my first wedding in Hong Kong, but also because its a wonderful story of love and friendship that i'm glad to be a part of.

No comments: