Sunday, March 04, 2007

Face Value

While waiting for the LRT-3 train to arrive, I decided to sit indian-style on the station floor. The train was due to arrive in 6 minutes, and I saw it as opportunity to rest my knee.

A minute had passed and a guard walked up and stood beside me. Thinking that what I'm doing might be against station policies, I asked him if there was a problem.

HIM: Good afternoon, sir.
ME: Good afternoon. Bawal po ba na maupo dito?
HIM: Hindi. Dahil guwapo ka, puwede mong gawin kahit anong gusto mo.


Gosh! How superficial can you get? It was more insulting than anything because it just goes to show how other people value appearances and that people really stereotype others based on how they look.

Now, on hindisight, maybe I should've told the guard:

ME: Talaga ho, kahit ano? Bigyan ko kaya kayo ng flying kick in your face. Puwede yon, diba? Sabi mo kasi, kahit ano.

I should've. I really should've.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. I haven't seen this kungfu-fighting-side of yours before. You should've channeled it, pogi. :-)

Dazed and Confused said...

Hey Mark. It must be all the Jackie Chan billboards here in HK that's giving me this kung-fu fighting spirit. I watched "Epic Movie" recently and one of the character said; "I'm going to Jackie Chan your a**!" And yes, that was what was in my mind that time. Hahaha.