Monday, March 19, 2007

To a Tea

It's hard to believe that after 2 years as a Hong Kong resident, this is the first time I tried this staple of a drink.

Vita Lemon Tea is almost a part of the local culture. Everyday, I see gajillions of people holding either a bottle or a carton of this tea. Even my colleagues drink this like water, and that always perplexed me. Being a big fan of Nestea, I've never felt the need to try any other product. Nestea - particularly Nestea Ice Rush - is good enough for me.

Then, I tried Vita Lemon Tea last week.

Gosh! Now I know why HK is crazy about this drink. It's just DEEEEE-LICIOUS! It's like the usual "old-school" brewed ice tea that they serve in tea houses, but with a bit more sweetness. So, it doesn't just deliver the kick of tea, it also has enough sweetness to satisfy my sugar craving. I tried drinking it when it was uber cold, and it was simply the pinnacle of refreshment!

Ok, i'm gushing. But really, this tea is SOOO gush-worthy! I do not believe it took me so long to discover Vita. And now, i'm making up for lost time by chugging it like there's no tomorrow!

I'm exaggerating, of course.

Finally trying this tea out is one of the best decisions I made. Maybe tonight, I'll just chuck out the Nestea in my fridge and replace it with a chocfull of Vita Lemon Tea.

And i'm not exaggerating.

No comments: