Monday, February 26, 2007

Ultra Kool


I was so excited to see the March issue of Marie Claire's UK edition. For starters, they had the supremely great Cate on the cover. But the real reason was somewhere in the first half of the magazine:


Here it is! The ad I did for Palmolive shower gel made its debut in the UK! Originally, this ad was written and shot only for Australia, but the response was so positive, they thought of running it in selected European countries.


This is the second time that a "local ad" I did got rolled out internationally. The Palmolive Anti-Dandruff Shampoo "Little Black Dress" campaign which I did for Manila also made it to Australia. That - according to my former boss, Ompong - means the idea is good enough to travel.


This is so cool! At least now, I can tell everyone that i've written an ad for London.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Looking at those print ads makes me wonder if I can indeed mix those creams with my Milo. He he he. Are you sure I can't eat those?

arniedelusong said...

mbe

arniedelusong said...

oops that was a typo.was gonna say i was reading harper's and bazaar this weekend, not sure which, the US editions, and i saw your ad! the one with olives, which i remember you showing me in your flat in hongkong :P congratulations

Dazed and Confused said...

Hey Mark. I don't think Olive flavoured cream will taste good with Milo. Maybe you'll have better chances with the Honey variant, though. Hehehe. But I'd rather prepare your Milo the way I know how: 3 tablespoons in a cup of hot water. Howzat?

Hey Arnie. Really? It's also in the US edition of Harper's? Hmmm... I wonder if I can use this as a ticket in to Parson's. At least I can tell them i've been published in major US magazines.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's such a thrill. Keep up the good work. :-)

Dazed and Confused said...

Thanks, Mark. I've been in advertising for a while, but the thrill of seeing your ad on air and on print never goes away.