Monday, February 05, 2007

Chain Reaction

It all started with a shirt.

This Sunday, I decided to buy Noah an animal shirt. During our last conversation, he told me that he always wears the animal shirts I gave him. My sister says it's true. Apparently, when I sent him the first batch of animal shirts, he loved them so much that he didn't want to take them off. Then, while looking at his current photos, I noticed that he's been wearing them quite often. So I decided that it's about time to give him some new ones.

So, off to Bossini I went and got him a new animal shirt.

Well, three shirts actually.



Walking to the cashier, I passed by the girls' section and thought of buying something for Erika as well. It was her birthday last January 14 and I still haven't gotten her a present. After browsing through racks of nice, long-sleeved shirts, I got two colourful ones, plus a sleeveless shirt with a brooch.

Since my mind was already in "birthday mode" I realized that my sister-in-law's birthday just passed by and my brother's birthday is in a few weeks. I thought, "maybe I should get them something", and hied off to the men's and women's section to get a few pieces.

The load I was carrying was growing, which prompted the sales clerk to give me a basket. Initially, I refused and said that i'm done shopping. He insisted, and eventually won me over.

Walking around with the basket, I saw a sweater that Dad would surely want. It's a light, wool sweater that would be perfect for GA's current weather. They were in different colours, and it prompted me to get 2. Now since Dad has something, Mom should have something, too. So off to the women's sweater section and got a shirt, a shrug and a shawl.

By this time, the basket was already full to the rafters. On my final steps towards the cash register, my eye caught a couple of nice rocker shirts that my 2 big nephews would look great in. There were so many nice designs that buying one wasn't enough. Two shirts each suddenly found itself in the bag.

Finally, I reached the counter, and after the cashier emptied the basket of its contents, I had more than 20 articles of clothing. I looked at this stash, and one thought immediately came to mind:



It all started with a shirt.

Now, I've got all these goodies, my problem is how to send them to the US. I don't know of anyone going there soon, so my next option would be to mail them. But that would take some time, and I have to buy a box big enough for everything and think about the mailing cost. Sheesh... what did I get myself into this time?

And it all started with a shirt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are a big spender! :-) Your family's so lucky.

Dazed and Confused said...

Hey Mark. I'm lucky to have them as well. And I think they spend more on me, too. Hahaha.