Saturday, February 03, 2007

Building up my resistance

I've got 5 reasons to be a teeny bit proud of myself today. I've managed to resist buying 5 gorgeous jeans! It was such a hard process, but somehow, i've pulled through.

The first 2 pairs were from Energie. Their S/S 2007 collection is full of happy looking denims. One had distressed denim appliques in various shapes like rainbows, stars and comets. The back pocket also had appliques that reminded me of Ed Hardy and True Religion Jeans.

Second pair was a limited edition pair (with serial numbers to boot.) It was this deliciously dark denim with rivets, studs, grommets and even gemstones. The fit and detail looked equisite - which is probably why it's HK$4000 a pair. As much as I wanted to try these two, I used my better judgement and skipped it. If I did, I knew i'd be walking away with one pair (or two even) in hand. Regardless of the price tag.

The next 3 were in id:c. One of my favorite brands, Breathmint, had jeans on sale. And they were really nice and cheap. Three caught my attention, two denim pants, and one tuxedo-style pants in black twill.

I took those 3 pairs and brought them to the dressing room. In my mind, I was like: "You're in trouble. You're buying a pair of jeans today." Among the 3, only 2 looked nice, so after exiting the dressing room, I made my way to the counter.

But while walking, my mind was in that "great debate" mode again. The good cop was saying I bought 2 new pairs this January and haven't worn them yet. The bad cop was saying "They're #&$(#@#^! cheap." Before I got to the counter, the debate was over and one side won.

The good cop prevailed today. My resistance to buy jeans triumphed, and I made a pact with myself that if I go back to id:c, and those pairs are still there, that means they're meant for me and I should buy them.

Let me check tomorrow if they're still there.

No comments: