Wednesday, November 15, 2006

New Destination

Bored (nearly) out of my wits and tired of going to Admiralty and Central every other day, I decided to be a bit more adventurous today and go to uncharted territories. For lunch, instead of taking the MTR going to Sheung Wan, I went the other direction towards Chai Wan. It's something that Keat and I always planned, but never got around to doing.

And where did the train take me? Tai koo! And where did Tai koo take me? Cityplaza!

I've been reading about this mall for a couple of years now, but strangely, there was never any reason to actually go there. Until boredom kicked in, of course.

All I can say is: Cityplaza is so cool!

First, they've got a nice selection of food outlets. There's this food court called "Food Republic" where they serve everything from Shanghainese to Italian. There are the usual HK haunts Cafe de Coral and The Spaghetti House. They have Pizza Hut, and more importantly, McDonald's!

Second, they've got good clothing stores within the two buildings. They've got Esprit, Marks and Spencers, izzue.com, Bauhaus, Nautica, Tommy Hilfiger and Polo. Although Zara and FCUK were noticeably absent, I think the M&S store is big enough to keep me distracted and not think of my other favorite brands.

Third, they have Toys 'R Us and Mannings, Wing On Department store, and UA Cinemas.

And if that isn't enough, they're opening Muji and Uniqlo in a few months. These brands, plus the Jusco store a couple of blocks away, will definitely give me my fill of all things Japanese just in case I miss Tokyo and Urasa too much.

It's amazing how it took me more than 18 months to discover this new destination. But as they say, better late than sorry. Hahaha.

Well, now I know where I'm having lunch tomorrow. I'm off the Munch at Food Republic for some Lasagna and Caesar Salad!

No comments: