Saturday, November 18, 2006

Bummer

For the second time this year, I have a bum knee.

Last night, I was quietly going about my business in Causeway Bay after buying a book from Page One when suddenly: BLAM!

A hawker-in-a-hurry-because-he-was-probably-being-chased-by-the-police hit my knee with his cart. What amazes me is that his cart was just the right height to hit my knee exactly where the knee cap is. It was like this cart was specifically designed with my knee in mind. (Conspiracy theory or paranoia? You decide...)

Since he was obviously on the run, he offered no apologies nor remorse. He just swerved a bit and left me there. Harrumph.

Actually, it didn't hurt as much after impact, so I just dismissed the whole scenario. That was until this morning when I woke up at 2:30AM(!) with a sharp pain on my right knee. Yup, it was a delayed, and quite painful reaction. Everytime I attempted to move my knee (which is normal when I sleep), the pain would jolt me out of my sleep.

Ergo, I tried my best to be immobile for the duration of my sleep time. Thank goodness today is a Saturday and I could stay in bed until noon and try to make up for lost sleep.

Well, the pain isn't as bad now, though I have to limp a bit whenever I climb stairs or flex my knee too far. I'm trying to decide whether to just stay at home and rest my knee, or push through with my planned trip to Sham Shui Po to look for Christmas ribbons.

...think
...think
...think

Shopping has proven itself to be therapeutic. Maybe if I walk around the shops this afternoon, the pain will disappear completely.

No comments: