Sunday, April 09, 2006

Working Weekend

It's Sunday. I'm at the office. It's been a while since I worked over the weekend since it's very, very, very rarely done here in HK. Though when i was in Manila and handling the Globe account, it would be commonplace to see me at the office on weekends.

When I was younger, I thought it was cool to work on a weekend. It felt I was so dedicated and passionate about my work that i'd do it even on weekends. But as a person gets older, he realizes that there is more to life than work. And that's what happened to me. As I grew older, I realized how much fun it is to hang out with my nephews and nieces on weekends. How great it is to have a long, leisurely lunch with my family. How nice it feels to join the hundreds of thousands of people cooling off and shopping at malls. And of course, how proper it is to use the weekend to enjoy the fruits of my five day labor.

My appearance today at work is more the exception rather than the rule. It's just that my internet connection at home is on the blink, and I have to send out this file at this very moment. Sitting here alone at the office makes me realize how much I missed working on weekends. But heck, I certainly don't miss it enough to do it every week.

Once in a while would actually suffice.

No comments: