Thursday, April 06, 2006

SO much in love!

Since yesterday was a holiday, it was a good time to drop by my favorite jean haunt in Sheung Wan to see if they have new stock on display, or on the racks. And there it was! I've been lusting over this pair of jeans (just like every other jean that catches my eye) since I found it at the revolve clothing website.



It's a vintage wash denim from Taverniti So, an L.A. based denim brand that boasts of jeans with flattering fits and interesting back pockets. The reason why I like it so much is the fact that it has something to offer from all angles.

From the front, one notices that the rise of the jeans is among the lowest in its class. I think the rise is just 10", and the fly is less than 3". Beer bellies should stay away because it will be most unflattering. But if you've got a manageable tummy - like me - this pair will serve you well. Plus, the pockets are set deep, which exposes more of the hips. This creates the illusion of lean-ness even if you aren't waif.

From the side, there's a white stitching detail from the pocket to the mid-thigh area. Again, it creates a lengthening effect.

From the back, the pockets are distressed and have been sewn back using thick, white thread. The pockets are slanted and positioned lower than the usual, and this is good news for people like me who have flat butts because it lifts it up and creates an illusion of a derriere. I also love the 3-belt loop detail, and the contrasting light denim patch located at the back pocket.

Needless to say, my hands were stuck to this pair after touching it. And it didn't take me more than a minute to decide that they must be mine, no matter the cost! A pair as flattering and detail laden as this Taverniti SO vintage wash jeans is, as the mastercard ad goes, PRICELESS!

And yes, i'm wearing them now as I type this entry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog.
Every. Bit. Of. It.
*runs to add dazed and confused's link...

Dazed and Confused said...

Hey Mark,
Glad you dropped by, and good to hear you're enjoying your stay. Let me run off and add you to my link list, too.