Monday, April 24, 2006

Press and Pounce

The past few hours, i've been learning that this is the way to book for flights on-line.

Been trying to get a flight home via CX, and wanted to avoid coursing it through our travel agent. So i've been logged on to the Cathay Pacific site for the past 8 hours trying and trying and trying to get the schedule i want.

The funny thing about booking flights on-line is that it changes every 10 minutes. The $1650 flight now can be $1900 in 30 minutes, and it can go back to $1650 after another 15 minutes. So, the whole process is fast becoming part trial and error and part game of chance. Mid-afternoon, all flights were supposed to be full and my only option was to fly business class. But 5 minutes after, flights opened again, so I started to press and pounce again.

I never thought booking a flight could be this exciting.

3 comments:

NeiLDC said...

YEah it was pounce and punch but sometimes makes you crazy. You must need to have patient in making it your plan... shared me something your jeans... when are you flying up spain?

Dazed and Confused said...

Hey Neil. Yup, i'm on the verge of insanity because the availabilities just come and go in a matter of minutes. The good thing is I have a reservation with the travel agent in case i don't get the flight I want.

I was supposed to go to Spain this 2nd week of May, but it looks like my trip will be postponed because of work. In that case, it'll probably by September or October, just in time for autumn. Going there during summer months isn't something I want to do. Too hot and too many tourists!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the thrill of booking flights online. The hourly (sometimes on 15-minute intervals) fluctuation of the rate is like the crazy world of stock exchange. Like when I booked via AirAsia for a trip to KL last year. One minute the rate is measly cheap, the next minute it's skyrocketed, an hour after it gets back to the dirt-cheap rate, and before I click the button to confirm, the flight's gone!

And this is why I wanna start my own travel agency...

Have a safe trip back home!