Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Shirt Tale



This shirt has been long sitting on the shelf of Structure - my favorite shirt and jean haunt in Glorietta and Greenhills. In fact, it's been more than a year since I first saw it. For some strange reason, it didn't attract me that much - then, at least. And I do remember trying it out, along with a couple of Abercrombie & Fitch shirts, and needless to say, it was A&F that joined me home.

Around December last year, Keat and I came across a similar shirt at Lane Crawford. Same brand, same adorable penguin stitched on the upper left hand pocket, but again, it didn't strike me as a must have. Whilst Keat was going all gaga over it, (too bad they didn't have his size) my reaction was simply, "it's ok."



Last Sunday, I dropped by Structure Glorietta. Because of the lack of nice A&F shirts this season, I toyed with the idea of fitting one of the Munsinwear shirts. Took one in small and another in medium, head off to the dressing room and tried it on.

It was perfect! The fit was perfect. The fabric was light yet able to give enough coverage. It skimmed the body without hugging it. The fall of the sleeve was just right. And the whole design had this retro-cool fit to it. (Which I believe is the look they're gunning for.)

I ended up trying another color:


Until I ended up buying all of these. (Some colors I had to get at the Greenhills shop!)



I love this shirt!

No comments: