Wednesday, February 08, 2006

At a floss for words...

Presenting my "favorite of the moment." Seaweed Crispy Floss. Blame it on Kent who made me try one of these babies, now i've spent the couple of days noshing on these, and often, it's a substitute for a decent meal for a day.

Floss me up!

This isn't new to me, though. I remember as a grade school kid, we'd buy Mahu at that preserved food stand inside Unimart on Sundays. Initially, the thought of eating Mahu freaked me out because it looked like cobwebs and dust combined. It was too dirty and stringy looking to be food. But once my brother asked me to try it - MAN! - it was great. Then came the wet version, which was Twin Cow, which was much sweeter, but just as delectable.

Floss is pretty much like Mahu, but this one is basically seaweed and seafood residue. Bread talk introduced Pork Floss bread in Manila, which was undoubtedly a huge hit. There's this floss and bean bread I buy from the bakery in front of the office, and that's great, too.

Aji Ichiban has a wide range of floss products. From seaweed to pork, to floss wrapped in nori and floss spring rolls. Lately, i've been binging on the floss stuffed nori and the XO sauce flavored floss rolls. Given the amount of floss i've been eating the past few days, I imagine myself to be all flossed out by the end of the week.

Floss while you work!

I found that my taste for food has been very fickle the past few months. My "favorites" usually become an unfavorite after a week or so, and I suspect that this floss craze will be one of them. But until that moment comes, these icky, cobweb plus dust looking babies are keeping me happy.

No comments: