Monday, October 31, 2005

Internet Junkie

Since my move to HK, i've noticed that almost 80% of my day is spent on the internet. I'm either doing research, (yeah, right), answering emails, downloading articles, or writing on my blog. In fact, my wrists are now complaining that they spend more time on the keyboard than anywhere else. Could carpal tunnel syndrome be far behind? I hope not.

One of my colleagues once commented that someone should bring me out of my room because everytime he passes by, i'm hunched in front of the Mac. And that worries him. Hahaha. But he does have a point. Often, I force myself to go out and interact just so i can pull away from the computer and the net.

Weekends are supposed to be "internet free" days. But often, I find myself sneaking into internet cafes to check mail or write. This is the reason why I love going back home to Manila. It's the only time when i'm 100% detached from all things techie and internet. It's when my social interaction instincts and skills kick in and i'm more in tune with the world through my eyes, and not through the eyes of some person who has "www" in his name.

No comments: