Friday, October 07, 2005

Full Friday

Everytime I fly in to Manila, I put every minute of the day into good use. Jumping from one place to the next with precision timing so as not to waste any time. Today was no exception, in a span of 14 hours, I've seen so many good friends, been to my favorite spots, did myself a couple of personal favors, and yes, I squeezed in a bit of shopping for good measure.

From the airport, I proceeded to our house where I dropped my stuff. Missing the rowdy jeepney, I took one going to Morato where I had my haircut. Marcos, my barber, said he missed me - we haven't seen each other in about 4 months. Though I didn't tell him, he knew I came from out of the country. He said that I have this certain aura, and that my skin is fairer and more pinkish. (Sounds like a whitening soap ad, eh?)

Next stop, Robinson's Galleria. This is my favorite place of all time, that's why I was in 7th heaven when we won the account, and was really disapppointed when we decided to let it go. Met up with Tess and Eunice, talked about expat life and how I miss the Philippines, and showed them my moustache, which they thought was cool. In between that and meeting Bonique, I was able to roam around some more, and bought this fabi studded belt at Topman. I wonder why they don't have this brand in Hong Kong.

Met up with Bonique who was shell shocked with my moustache, only to tell me half an hour later that it already grew on her and that I look nice with it.

Took the MRT to Makati, and finally went to Tito Pacqui's office where Ate Lissa works. Then I met up with Lyli to show her my cool Energie pants. Bought some local magazines. Met up with Jong at Jollibee. Then had dinner at Chili's with a few friends.

After I checked my watch, it was already past 11. I was so tempted to go to Eastwood and catch a late movie, but I remembered I have to be at St. Scholastica's early to have breakfast with Prichy. So I decided to turn in.

I love these Manila visits!

No comments: