Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The world is (a) flat!

Yes, I finally have a flat to call my own. After more than 3 months in Hong Kong, I'm moving in to my very own home away from home.

It isn't a very impressive flat. It's in a commercial building near the touristy side of Kowloon. It isn't 60 storeys high like Tanya's flat, and it's not as picture pretty as the units you see in the ads. (Then again, they're ads. So they're supposed to be pretty.)

What I like about it is that it has a lot of space. The living and dining area is one of the biggest I've seen. And the bedrooms are - in HK city flat standards - huge. My primary consideration when I was looking for a place is that I want to be able to move around. Give me room! That's what I say.

And this flat will give me room. Room to move around. Room to lounge. Room to host my family and friends. Room to cook. Room to store useless stuff that I might amass.

I got my keys tonight, and entered the flat as its new owner. To celebrate, I bought 2 rugs and a silverware set from Ikea. For the record, these are my first "home purchases" in Hong Kong.

Tomorrow, i'll start shopping for beds and other furniture. And by Monday next week, i'll be able to really declare: I'M HOME!

No comments: