Thursday, September 08, 2005

I'm a G(r)eek!

Athena
Athena


?? Which Of The Greek Gods Are You ??
brought to you by Quizilla

I've always been fascinated by Greek Mythology. I think i've read and re-read Edith Hamilton's "Mythology" book more than 100 million times. I wanted to stop Pandora from opening the box and my heart fell when she eventually did. When Orpheus chose to look back and check whether Eurydice was still following him, I almost shouted out: "Don't you understand the meaning of trust? You should trust Hades because he is a god." Hera always held my fascination because of her cunningness and capacity for vengeance.

There was a time when i memorized all the gods' names - both Roman and Greek. Like Venus was Aphrodite, or Mercury was Hermes, or Athena was Minerva, Diana was Artemis, Juno was Hera and the great father of the gods Zeus was also Jupiter.

Reading the results of this quiz instantaneously put a smile on my face. When we were in high school, we were required to do a stage play based on a Mythological tale. I don't quite remember which story we did, but I do remember who I played. We were an all-boys school, so in the tradition of old English theatre, the males had to do female roles. And the part I got?

Athena.

No comments: